In the beginning there was the SOP. Then a form was created to collect all the necessary data and signatures to prove that the SOP was followed. Then people forgot why the process was developed in the first place, because as long as they filled in the form properly, all would be compliant.
But is being compliant enough? After all, the original purpose of developing standard operating procedures was to keep patients safe. Why are so many resources sunk into meaningless form-filling when you’re meant to be in the business of saving lives?
With Jira you can go back to basics and make your processes meaningful again.
What difference can Jira make?
Switching to using Jira for your quality management system (QMS) does more than improve efficiency. It can also increase the impact of your quality management processes, and the people involved, in a variety of ways:
- Getting your team actively engaged
- At each stage of a process, and for each of its related subtasks, team members assigned to an issue will be able to comment on it, contribute ideas and keep track of any changes.
- The relevant people will receive notifications so they can react immediately as appropriate.
- Making the quality assurance team the heroes of your organisation
- Instead of being viewed as its police force, your quality assurance team will start to be seen as leaders, mentors and facilitators of change within your organisation.
- Allowing managers and their teams to see the big picture
- Dashboards and automatic reports will ensure everyone has a good overview of the processes they’re involved in as well as access to all the details.
- Ensuring no issues fall between the cracks
- Built-in escalation rules will ensure no customer issue is neglected and no CAPA is left without an effectiveness check.
- Capturing regulatory evidence automatically
- Data, including audit trails and signatures, will be collected as an integral part of issue processing.
- Helping you make better decisions, faster
- Having all the relevant information in one place and access to clear reports with meaningful metrics will facilitate decision-making.
- Helping your organisation learn and improve over time
- All historic data will be easily accessible from a single source, including file attachments, links to external resources, free text comments and the complete audit trail of each issue.
- This will make it possible to refer back to and learn from the way you handled past events.
- Making sure management reviews address core issues
- Current and historic data will be readily accessible for trend analysis and statistical investigation.
- This will make management reviews more constructive and make it quicker and easier to prepare for them.
- Ensuring the whole team is in synch
- Everyone will have access to the latest version of your SOPs and each of your controlled documents.
- There will no longer be a risk of team members working with outdated information or following old processes.
- Keeping everyone in the know
- All the relevant information will be easily accessible to all the right people, wherever they are, including when they’re out on the road.
Imagine what difference having a quality management system that delivers on all those fronts could make to your team.
We can create a solution based on Jira that will do all that for you, without breaking the bank. Get in touch to learn more.